Ballots Are In The Mail!
You can still register in person by October 27th for the
November 4th Elections
Voter Power Tools!!!
There is no better time than now to get the word out in your email, Facebook and Twitter posts encouraging your community to use Vote411 at vote411.org, the Simplified Ballot Measure Summaries at lwvwa.org, Voting for Judges at votingforjudges.org, the Seattle CityClub's Living Voters Guide at livingvotersguide.org, and the TVW's Video Voter's Guide at twv.org.
- Vote411.org - our non-partisan, online voters guide that is a treasure trove of information about each race-- job descriptions, salary information and specific questions for the candidates to answer about why they are running, how they see the issues in the community and how they plan to address them. Type in your address and see a personalized ballot of all the races and issues you'll be voting on.
- Ballot Measure Summaries - League's concise, well-researched, understandable summaries of state ballot issues including the advisories. These are available below:
- Initiative 1351 - Class size/School support staff
- Initiative 591 - Rights related to firearms
- Initiative 594 - Background checks for firearm sales and transfers
Please visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/lwvwa
and share links to Vote411 and the Ballot Summaries with your friends.
Also, if you like you'd like to connect with other citizens talking about the issues, try Seattle CityClub's Living Voter Guide: livingvotersguide.org.
Don't Miss Your Chance to Check Out Local League Forums
The online Gun Safety Toolkit is a collection of sound, fact-based resources to spark civil discussion and advocacy about gun safety in our communities. We encourage you to use this toolkit in forums, in your communications and as a resource guide, and to share the link with your members and others in the community.